Real Estate in the Heart of the Florida Keys
Anyone familiar with the Florida Keys knows that Marathon is one of the most desirable places to live in the state. This would lead one to think that real estate in Marathon is incredibly expensive. Some of the real estate is expensive, boasting remarkable waterfront views, but what makes Marathon so great is that almost anyone can afford to live there.
Marathon is located in the heart of the keys. It’s a place where you can own a home with the Gulf of Mexico in your backyard. If you can afford the best of the best, you should expect to spend between $1.5 and $2 million. This will get you around 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. Other features you should expect are Italian marble, granite countertops in the kitchen, a screened porch, a pool, a boat deck and possibly even a tiki hut.
If you’re looking for mid-range real estate in Marathon, you should expect to spend between $400,000 and $750,000. This can get you a two-bedroom home with easy access to the beach. In some cases, these villas also offer resort access, which means you can take advantage of restaurants with outdoor dining, a fitness center, at least one pool, a tiki bar and more.
If you want to live in the heart of the Keys at an affordable price, you can buy a home starting around $100,000. This will usually get you a fixer-upper or sometimes a mobile home. Your waterfront properties start right around $250,000.
Regardless of where you live in Marathon Florida, there’s going to be a lot to do. Fishing, diving, sailing and windsurfing are all popular activities. Relaxing on the beach with a drink in hand is even more popular. While there are a lot of activities available, the overall atmosphere is one of peace and relaxation.
As far as attractions in Marathon Florida, there are a lot to choose from. Popular destinations include Dolphin Research Center at mile marker 59, Crane Point Museum & Nature Center in the center of town at mile marker 50, Sombrero Beach, Curry Hammock State Park and the Historic 7 Mile Bridge.
If this area sounds appealing to you, then you need to get in touch with Derrick Johnson. Not many real estate agents know the area in which they work better than Derrick Johnson knows Marathon. He can help you find the right home with ease.
Marathon Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Marathon
- 699 61st St Gulf Street, Unit A & B MARATHON, FL 33050
- 815 100th Street Ocean MARATHON, FL 33050
- 12400 Overseas Highway, Unit 13 & 14 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 107 Avenue D, Unit 208 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 264 Tropical Avenue MARATHON, FL 33050
- Lots 16-17 Overseas Highway MARATHON, FL 33050
- 12399 Overseas Highway MARATHON, FL 33050
- 133 Coco Plum Drive, Unit 19 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 449 Sombrero Beach Road MARATHON, FL 33050
- 12235 Overseas Highway MARATHON, FL 33050
- 199 Stirrup Key Boulevard MARATHON, FL 33050
Sold Listings in Marathon
- 1 Charlie's Island, Unit Offshore Island MARATHON, FL 33050
- 2000 Coco Plum Dr, Unit 406 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 109 Avenue D, Unit 312 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 11329 5th Avenue Ocean MARATHON, FL 33050
- 905 25th Street Ocean MARATHON, FL 33050
- 1001 96th Street Ocean Street MARATHON, FL 33050
- 1217 Sombrero Boulevard, Unit 25 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 57500 Morton Street MARATHON, FL 33050
- 2020 Sombrero Beach Road MARATHON, FL 33050
- 6099 Overseas Highway, Unit 95E MARATHON, FL 33050
- 239 Sombrero Beach Road MARATHON, FL 33050
Walk Score for Marathon
Marathon School Data
Marathon School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.