Real Estate in the Heart of the Florida Keys
Anyone familiar with the Florida Keys knows that Marathon is one of the most desirable places to live in the state. This would lead one to think that real estate in Marathon is incredibly expensive. Some of the real estate is expensive, boasting remarkable waterfront views, but what makes Marathon so great is that almost anyone can afford to live there.
Marathon is located in the heart of the keys. It’s a place where you can own a home with the Gulf of Mexico in your backyard. If you can afford the best of the best, you should expect to spend between $1.5 and $2 million. This will get you around 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. Other features you should expect are Italian marble, granite countertops in the kitchen, a screened porch, a pool, a boat deck and possibly even a tiki hut.
If you’re looking for mid-range real estate in Marathon, you should expect to spend between $400,000 and $750,000. This can get you a two-bedroom home with easy access to the beach. In some cases, these villas also offer resort access, which means you can take advantage of restaurants with outdoor dining, a fitness center, at least one pool, a tiki bar and more.
If you want to live in the heart of the Keys at an affordable price, you can buy a home starting around $100,000. This will usually get you a fixer-upper or sometimes a mobile home. Your waterfront properties start right around $250,000.
Regardless of where you live in Marathon Florida, there’s going to be a lot to do. Fishing, diving, sailing and windsurfing are all popular activities. Relaxing on the beach with a drink in hand is even more popular. While there are a lot of activities available, the overall atmosphere is one of peace and relaxation.
As far as attractions in Marathon Florida, there are a lot to choose from. Popular destinations include Dolphin Research Center at mile marker 59, Crane Point Museum & Nature Center in the center of town at mile marker 50, Sombrero Beach, Curry Hammock State Park and the Historic 7 Mile Bridge.
If this area sounds appealing to you, then you need to get in touch with Derrick Johnson. Not many real estate agents know the area in which they work better than Derrick Johnson knows Marathon. He can help you find the right home with ease.
Marathon Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Marathon
- 329 N Anglers Drive, Unit North MARATHON, FL 33050
- 1129 Calle Ensenada MARATHON, FL 33050
- 10095 Overseas Highway MARATHON, FL 33050
- 1638 Overseas Highway MARATHON, FL 33050
- 11 Sombrero Boulevard, Unit 6E MARATHON, FL 33050
- 864 Copa D Oro MARATHON, FL 33050
- 300 120th Street Gulf MARATHON, FL 33050
- 525 82nd Street Ocean Street Ocean MARATHON, FL 33050
- 9922 Aviation Boulevard MARATHON, FL 33050
- 126 Gulf Winds Lane MARATHON, FL 33050
- 58896 Overseas Highway MARATHON, FL 33050
Sold Listings in Marathon
- 6099 Overseas Highway, Unit 15E MARATHON, FL 33050
- 65 Tingler Lane MARATHON, FL 33050
- 11150 Overseas Highway MARATHON, FL 33050
- 1099 100th Street Ocean MARATHON, FL 33050
- 705 26th Street Ocean MARATHON, FL 33050
- 107 Avenue D, Unit 213 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 1217 Sombrero Boulevard, Unit 36 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 109 Avenue D, Unit 310 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 301 120th Street Gulf MARATHON, FL 33050
Walk Score for Marathon
Marathon School Data
Marathon School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.