Real Estate in the Heart of the Florida Keys
Anyone familiar with the Florida Keys knows that Marathon is one of the most desirable places to live in the state. This would lead one to think that real estate in Marathon is incredibly expensive. Some of the real estate is expensive, boasting remarkable waterfront views, but what makes Marathon so great is that almost anyone can afford to live there.
Marathon is located in the heart of the keys. It’s a place where you can own a home with the Gulf of Mexico in your backyard. If you can afford the best of the best, you should expect to spend between $1.5 and $2 million. This will get you around 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. Other features you should expect are Italian marble, granite countertops in the kitchen, a screened porch, a pool, a boat deck and possibly even a tiki hut.
If you’re looking for mid-range real estate in Marathon, you should expect to spend between $400,000 and $750,000. This can get you a two-bedroom home with easy access to the beach. In some cases, these villas also offer resort access, which means you can take advantage of restaurants with outdoor dining, a fitness center, at least one pool, a tiki bar and more.
If you want to live in the heart of the Keys at an affordable price, you can buy a home starting around $100,000. This will usually get you a fixer-upper or sometimes a mobile home. Your waterfront properties start right around $250,000.
Regardless of where you live in Marathon Florida, there’s going to be a lot to do. Fishing, diving, sailing and windsurfing are all popular activities. Relaxing on the beach with a drink in hand is even more popular. While there are a lot of activities available, the overall atmosphere is one of peace and relaxation.
As far as attractions in Marathon Florida, there are a lot to choose from. Popular destinations include Dolphin Research Center at mile marker 59, Crane Point Museum & Nature Center in the center of town at mile marker 50, Sombrero Beach, Curry Hammock State Park and the Historic 7 Mile Bridge.
If this area sounds appealing to you, then you need to get in touch with Derrick Johnson. Not many real estate agents know the area in which they work better than Derrick Johnson knows Marathon. He can help you find the right home with ease.
Marathon Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Marathon
- 2600 Overseas Highway, Unit 80 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 6099 Overseas Highway, Unit 65W MARATHON, FL 33050
- 505 26th Street Ocean MARATHON, FL 33050
- 1151 Camino Del Vientos MARATHON, FL 33050
- 1160 Bulevar De Palmas MARATHON, FL 33050
- 239 46th Street Gulf MARATHON, FL 33050
- 95 Coco Plum Drive, Unit 4B MARATHON, FL 33050
- 100 Camino Real Street MARATHON, FL 33050
- 949 15th Street MARATHON, FL 33050
Sold Listings in Marathon
- 57423 Goodley Street MARATHON, FL 33050
- 1115 Sombrero Boulevard, Unit 102B MARATHON, FL 33050
- 215 Sombrero Beach Road, Unit 1 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 525 A 22nd Street, Unit A&B MARATHON, FL 33050
- 6099 Overseas Highway, Unit 78E MARATHON, FL 33050
- 95 Coco Plum Drive, Unit 4C MARATHON, FL 33050
- 215 Sombrero Beach Road, Unit 2 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 211 Sombrero Beach Road, Unit 2 MARATHON, FL 33050
- 213 Sombrero Beach Road MARATHON, FL 33050
Walk Score for Marathon
Marathon School Data
Marathon School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.